So it has come to another end of another year. This year flew by way too fast.
I still remember on this day last year, I was still working at Loof as a bartender and having a blast after the clock struck 12 because everyone was spraying water at each other with the bar gun after our assistant manager toasted champagne with us into the new year.
Man, I really miss working there
Corin, Zen and I at the end of 2008
Anyway, 2010 will be a great year. Well, I am planning that it’ll be a great year. I have lots of goals and I hope that I can accomplish them. 2009 kind of failed since I didn’t have much goals set up. But next year would be different.
1. Journal diligently – I used to write in my spiral-bound notebooks/sketchbooks almost every other day back when I was in secondary school. Somewhere down the line two years ago, I stopped. Or rather, I wrote rather inconsistently. I was either too tired or my hand cramped way too easily while furiously writing everything down. I realized that it left a huge gap in my memories and a lot of things remained forgotten :?
2. Blog frequently – When I first opened my domain, I blogged religiously everyday. I guess it took a whole lot of my time because the reason why I blogged lesser and lesser was that I felt that blogging took quite a huge amount of time. I guess I like things to be neat and I edit every photo I post here (Hint to Guan: Blog more!)
3. Remember people’s birthdays – I always tried to keep up with everyone’s birthdays. I would be faithful in wishing them a birthday greeting. But by around April, I would tend to forget or the dates kept slipping off my mind. I must really try to keep this in 2010
4. Be more crafty – I stopped designing and coding websites for a couple of years now. I still have no passion in redoing my current theme (Laziness. Still, this current layout is nice). And every since I graduated from school, I stopped doing any crafty thing (aside from scrapbooking recently). I hope that my creative mojo would be back next year.
5. Get involved in communities again – I stopped forum posting when I put most of my online life on hold. It’s time to get back to the good ol’ community and make the connections again
6. Brush up on photography – As much as I enjoy photography, I am (as usual) still mediocre. Guan and I got this photography book and it’s all so wordy and full of theory that reading them makes me shudder :neutral: But he said he would help me out so I hope to take better pictures. I’m not sure if I should do the whole 356 photos a year (one a day) but we’ll see how it goes.
7. Finish up that cross-stitch piece that has been sitting uncompleted for the past year – That kind of spoke for itself
8. Take up Japanese class – Ever since I was 17, I have signed up for three Japanese classes. And I never completed any of them. It’s about time I completed one, eh?
9. Exercise regularly – Ever since I had to stop my late-night running with Felix, I totally stopped exercising. And I found out that I could no longer do a pull-up I have to be able to do my usual three pull-ups at one go!
10. Keep things neat and clean – I have been a very messy person since young. Unfortunately, Guan is also a very messy person. My attempts to keep our room dust-free has not been going well so far. Let alone keeping it neat and tidy. I can now understand what my mother has been trying to teach me all these years. (Thank goodness I don’t have my own home yet!)
This isn’t the full list but I thought it would be nice to share 10 things on my list What about yours? (Feel free to link to your blog if you have blogged about it.)
Well, half an hour more to go!
Wishing everyone a Merry New Year! May 2010 be a great year for all!
Merry 2010! From Guan, Zayden Asher and myself